The Sagehen Connect App for Pomona College Alumni

Helping Pomona alumni and students get in touch since fall 2013, Sagehen Connect is a free app available through the iTunes App Store and Google Play and offers mobile access to:

• Pomona’s full alumni directory (searchable by name, class year, employer or grad school) - A “Nearby” function that lets you search by location and view the results on a map
  • Mapped results of alumni nearby where you live and/or work
  • Alumni information seamlessly integrated with LinkedIn
  • The Alumni Events Calendar
  • Pomona’s Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube streams
  • Pomona-Pitzer Sports
  • Online giving to Pomona through the app

Frequently Asked Questions

Which devices are compatible?

The Sagehen Connect app is compatible with the iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The application is supported on Android version 2.3 and above. The most current iOS version and one previous version of the iOS operating system are supported. Currently, that is iOS 7 and iOS 8.

What if I don't have a mobile device?

Currently, the Sagehen Connect app is only available for mobile devices.

How do I get the app?

The Sagehen Connect app is available for free from the iTunes App Store and Google Play.

Who will have access to the app?

The app is currently available to alumni of the College.

Can I opt out?

Absolutely. Simply email or call 1-888-SAGEHEN to tell us you do not want to be part of the Sagehen Connect alumni community. When you opt out, your information will not be searchable from within the app nor from the Online Alumni Directory. If you have opted out and/or hidden elements of your profile in the Online Alumni Directory in the past, your information has already been excluded from the Sagehen Connect mobile app. If you change your mind later, simply contact us at the number above and we will happily reinstate you.

How do I log in?

Sagehen Connect is limited to Pomona College alumni and current students. To log in, you will need to enter your name and email address or you can opt to log in with LinkedIn. After this, you will receive an email from us with further instructions. Make sure you open this email from the same device on which you are trying to install the app! (If you don’t see an email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.)

If the email you enter matches the address on file in our database, you will be granted immediate access to the app. If we cannot match your email address, you will be prompted to contact the Alumni Office for further assistance.

Note: After initially logging in, your information will be saved and you will not be required to log in again for 30 days.

What is the College’s Privacy Policy?

The College’s Privacy Policy can be found here.

What personal information will be available for alumni to see?

The contact information displayed in Sagehen Connect will be identical to the view offered traditionally through our older printed and curent online directories. The mobile app will respect the same permissions established in your Online Directory Profile. If you’ve forgotten how your information is being displayed in the directory, please email us at and we will send you a copy of your information with your currently established permissions.

Can I update, edit, or hide my personal information in the app?

To edit or hide your personal information in the app, press the "Update this profile" button on the bottom of your profile and tell us what you’d like us to add, change, or remove. Please allow 48 hours for your request to be processed.

Can I suggest information updates to you about other alumni?

Yes, please! To suggest an update for a fellow Sagehen, click “Update this profile” at the bottom of his/her profile. We’ll verify the information we receive and update their record accordingly.

How do I find alumni outside of my current location?

Whether you select “Alumni Nearby” or “Directory” from the main menu, you can use the search feature to find alumni. You are able to search using a variety of fields and filters, including geographic. While in “Alumni Nearby,” you can also zoom in or out on the map by pinching two fingers together or moving two fingers apart while touching the screen. Alumni locations will be represented by Cecil pushpins on the map.

Does the app show my current, real-time location?

No, your current location is not tracked by the app. The “Alumni Nearby” function merely pins your home and/or business address, and will never show where you are located physically at that moment.

Can I narrow down results to alumni in my class?

Yes. Simply enter your class year in the search field of the directory.

Can alumni see student contact information in the app?

No. Students are able to see alumni but alumni are not able to see students

Can I email or call another alumnus/a or student from the app?

Yes, (keeping in mind that alumni are not able to see students) if the alumnus/a or student has chosen to display his/her email or phone number. While in the “Directory,” tap the email address of the alum you wish to contact and your email provider will generate a message. If you tap the phone number, your phone will dial the number.

How do I connect the app with my LinkedIn account?

To connect the app with your LinkedIn account, either log in to the app using LinkedIn or, if you're already logged in with your Pomona email address, tap on the gear image in the upper right and then move the LinkedIn toggle switch to the right. Any information provided by LinkedIn will be noted by a LinkedIn icon on your app profile. If your work address (or anything else) is different than what is displaying in the app, send us an update at or visit the online update page.

Can I connect the app with my Facebook or Twitter account?

The app is not designed to sync with these social media platforms at this time.

How can I see upcoming alumni events?

From the main menu, select “News and Social.” Next, tap on the “?” symbol in the upper right and select “Upcoming Events” from the menu. Now you should see the Alumni Events Calendar.

333 N. College Way | Claremont, CA 91711 | (909) 621-8000